FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently doing a few odds and ends to the blue car, and came across the steering wheel weight. I had swapped my steering wheel, and forgot to put it back on. I know the 3rd gen steering wheels don't have them... but I was wondering if any 2nd gen owners have removed theirs? Any pros or cons? I like the weighted feel on some wheels, but really haven't given the car a good test run since I swapped my wheel.

Any opinions?

· Registered
3,149 Posts
Pic of the weight? Maybe only the airbag cars had it. Pretty sure my Pony wheel doesn't have anything resembling a weight.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
All the airbag wheels had em. Got rid of mine ages ago.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Slightly easier control as it doesn't kickback as forceful when recentering. You'll definitely notice is missing. I do notice as little bit of vibration through the column with it out, but I also have just the shell/faceplate of the airbag on my wheel, it's hollow inside.. That may also add a slightly different feel with it missing. It's more or less the same as the older non air bag steering wheels when it's gutted.

· Registered
2,391 Posts
i did it on my EGT when i replaced the ignition tumbler! noticed i can throw the wheel easier now trust me if u wanna do it go for it man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.