FEOA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a 2001 ZX2 with premium sound and a factory CD player at the yard. It has -(had) a perfect 2-tone leather/vinyl interior that is in my garage now.
The radio and cd player came with the interior so I took them, along with the locks and window motors door panels and switches and every loose or semi loose object in the car.

How do I test the cd player?
I have seen multiple posts on premium and non premium sound and some references to an adapter harness, can someone clear that up for me?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Just hook the positive and negative leads to a battery. Speaker wires to speakers.

If you don't have any wires, you'll have to buy a harness or go cut the OE out of the donor.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Oh my bad I was thinking in-dash.

The same should apply although I don't know if it will make any movement without command from the head unit.

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
To add premium sound to a non premium sound car is a pain in the butt. The minimal difference in sound quality is not worth the labor to install it. A basic in dash aftermarket CD player is a much better investment and easier to install.

As for bench testing the CD changer - you will need the premium sound head unit and all the wiring that goes between the stereo and CD changer to make it work.

·
Registered
741 Posts
you will also need the amplifier for it to be able to hear sound once you have everything connected. when i fix these i use a head unit which is already internally amplified so i dont have this problem. also the wiring was far easier to make this way

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you will also need the amplifier for it to be able to hear sound once you have everything connected. when i fix these i use a head unit which is already internally amplified so i dont have this problem. also the wiring was far easier to make this way
I see, from your and several other posts, its more than I am willing to do. I guess its time to ebay them.
thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts