FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a lead on some '87-'92 mustang 24lb injectors (they're the correct ones, right?) and I was wondering if anyone was interested in splitting them with me. The guy wants me to make an offer on 'em, what do you guys think would be reasonable? Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
You'll need a modified fuel rail as well since the 24# injectors are much taller than the stock 19# ones. See Jeffs cardomain page.

I picked up a modfied 97 rail, 4 24# injectors an AFPR and a fuel guage for 100 shipped from a MK96 (formarly from ERDT)

I wouldn't pay more than like 50 bucks for a set of used injectors, you never know what you're getting

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, 1 question though: I have a '96 with the longer style injectors (not the '97 spi short style), so are the mustang injectors even longer, or will they fit in my '96 rail? Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh you have a 96....

I didn't realize that. From Jeff's Cardomain site I found this:

I had to have a modified rail since mine's a 97 but the mustang injectors look just like the ones on the right. I'm pretty sure it should be a direct swap.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might be a dumb question, but are there markings on 'em that indicate what impedance they are? Guy said he'd take $125 for the set of 8 but I'm gonna try and talk him down some, assuming someone else is interested in the other 4. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
dok33 said:
This might be a dumb question, but are there markings on 'em that indicate what impedance they are? Guy said he'd take $125 for the set of 8 but I'm gonna try and talk him down some, assuming someone else is interested in the other 4. Thanks
I dont belive they have markings that can tell you the impedance, you just have to measure them with a multi-meter. If there 12-16ohm's your good to go, if there around 3 ohm's, then dont get them. I'm pretty sure that year mustanges use high imp, it's the one's from the early 80's
you have to worry about. $125 is a bit much for used injectors, if there fairly new, then thats not too bad, brand new will run twice that.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
What exactly must be done to the 97' fuel rail to get the longer injectors to fit??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts