FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I did some searching on the site and couldnt find a "How-to" on a FMU install! so anyone who can help me out that would be great! I have a Vortech 12:1 FMU I know there is a fuel in and out and a vaccum line but does it go b4 the fuel filter or after?? some who can help me which hoses go where! :lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fuel into the FMU comes from the fuel pressure regulator outlet and then goes out into the fuel return line back to the gas tank. Just think of the fmu like a second fuel pressure regulator.

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts
you can use the stock fuel rail conectors too. just cut that dam plastic tube off of it. its actualy got barbs int here.. use some fuel line to conect the fitting to the fmu.. then conect the other end to the return.. extremely simple operation.just make sure you dont squirt gas allover

·
Registered
511 Posts
are you hooking up the pressure port on the turbo side or the manifold side of the throttle body. I have mine set up to the turbo side and am not seeing any vacuum readings on the guage should I have put it on the vacuum side since this is the one the FRP is running off of?

Thanks guys

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts
well i can tell you that hoooking it up to the turbo side of the intake is a really good reason why your car isnt running right. the fmu has a diaphragm in int like the fpr does.. it has to have vacume to keep the fuel presure low. the pressures in the manifold and the intake side are totaly different. you could have 10''Hg in the manifold but 1 psi in the intake before the tb... the fmu vacume must be conected to the manifold

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
tokstad said:
Make sense to me.... but why in this picture do we see a check valve not allowing a vacuum on the diaphram?
because at vacume the riseing rate regulator dosen't do anything but look pretty. It only starts to do something under boost pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts