FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,509 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with the alternator, but if you have a Pull a Part close by I think you can buy a used alternator from them for about $20-$25 and your old alternator. Another thing to consider is if the brushes in your old alternator are worn out it will not charge your battery, a new set of brushes only cost about $5 the last time I replaced them in my '88 Pony. The brushes are very simple to replace and you should be able to tell if the old ones are worn out just by removing them and seeing if they are worn pretty thin. then if they are go buy another set and put them in for a cheap fix.

· Premium Member
2,490 Posts
We have a local shop (As I'm sure you do too) that rebuilds alternators and don't charge that much and they can customize it for you. I don't buy rebuilt ones any more. Too many problems. These guys fix it so it stays fixed. Look in your yellow pages and shop around. Only takes a phone call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.