FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found it on a IAC i got from the Junkyard when i got a replacement that i could clean. But i didnt see it on any others there. Is it comming to have one? Is it a good thing, a bad thing, or doesnt madder?

Here is a few pictures, thought i might ask about it :eek:

·
Registered
927 Posts
That's a first for me... what are the ports on the side connected to?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dave8338 said:
That's a first for me... what are the ports on the side connected to?
Nothing.. haha they are lined up the same as the IAC and the TB. Though there are adjustable screws.

Dont know what its function is supposed to be. I have it installed and the car runs fine with it, atleast i have yet to notice anything. Numbers wise.

Here is another picture i found of it.. Im at work so dont have the actual..

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
interesting... maybe a california emissions thing? What year car was it pulled off of?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave94LX said:
interesting... maybe a california emissions thing? What year car was it pulled off of?
You know honestly i dont recall.. I know it wasnt on my 93 :D

Yea it could be a CA emission thingy (they are pretty jacked up here) but as i recall it was the only one in the yard that i seen having it. I think it was a later modle though possible a 97+

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Could it be because some IAC valves won't fit on the 1.9, even though the flange is the same?

I had thought about making something like this once because I picked up a couple junkyard IAC's that wouldn't fit.

The problem is that the flange on the TB is not raised up enough for some IAC's with a larger body to clear the intake manifold.

And the adjustment screws may manipulate the airflow enough that idle could be adjusted (even though our ECU would probably override it).

That's just my theory. Cool find though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i just did a google search on it and found it on a mustange forum.

Seems they run about $25-50

I guess they say it helps stop surging idle somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.