FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Maybe after I get the suspension and brakes all done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
andrewbadera said:
the winter series is about to begin here in Finger Lakes SCCA region ...
I dont rally in any events because I dont have the money to fix what I may break in my daily driver, and when getting competitive I tend to push much harder. I do however have a great deal of windy dirt and gravel roads around here that are fairly well grated, enough at least that in the 3-4 years that I have been beeting the snot out of my 96 lx I have only broke 2 sets of coils, destroyed 2 sets of 4 struts, and shattered 4-5 ball joints and a few tie rod ends. (about 3000 all together including things not mentioned, all broke rallying.) But if there is a will there is a way. If you can send me some info or post some info on some rallies you know of in the newengland area (NH for me), we just may run into eachother, becaus eI have a sweet job now , and once I can get a hold of hte rules and regs for rallying as well as what class I would run in I just may do it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Road Rally is a bit different than the rally you might be thinking of. Road Rally is more of a skilled event where speed limits and a set amount of time between checkpoints are part of the sport (am I right so far?). I myself can't do it because I have a HEAVY foot and I'm allergic to speed limits (set by anyone). Go to http://www.scca.com/Rally/RoadRally.asp?IdS=0214A7-2461EF0&x=040|045&~= to read up on it. I knwo during the Racing Against Lukimia race weekend at NHIS they would have an autocross, club race during the day & had a quick road rally event on the Saturday. People from Solo II & Club would try it out & said thay had fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would have to say that you and I have the same allergy to speed limits. I actualy had never heard of this kind of rallying, sounds interesting. I do have to say however that the speed limit must require a bit more skill though. Because we all should know that racing isnt always about how hard you can smash the accelerator. Might try it for fun someday but I like my kind of ralying a little better.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'd really like to get into here in the near future. The trick is to have a stop watch and check your timing throughout the entire race. Speed if your behind and slow down if your getting ahead of the set time. Then you just have to make sure your not blowing by the check points or finish line going over the speed limit or you will get docked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts