FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Heh, yeah. That's what he claims..which is an insane price unless he had a transmission shop install a brand new (or completely rebuilt) tranny, and even that is a pretty high estimation imo since the manuals are much easier to rebuild than the autos. I think he is spewing poop.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looking at those pics, it just occurred to me that he didn't even bother removing the hose going from the stock air cleaner to the cat. It's just sitting there unplugged where he installed the cone filter. Wouldn't that create a large vacuum leak, or is it unimportant? Lazy either way.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
It's actually a nice looking 1st gen, just need to get rid of the stickers, badge, and fix that open ended hose.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, get rid of those decals and it would be pretty sweet. I have no idea about the hose as my mechanical skills are sub par but I trust your inputs.

Still, its in good shape.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
One hose is for the crank breather side of the PCV system. Normally it vents into the air filter. He just left it hanging, so everything under the hood will eventually get a nice film of oil from the vapors emanating from that hose. The other hose left hanging looks like the oxygen breather tube for the catalytic converter. These are things he should have dealt with when installing the HAI filter.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow! This guy is within walking distance of my place. I guess I should check it out. I've never seen the car around the area. $3500 for a gearbox!! I could have got one for $35 from the local pick-a-part last weekend because they we're having a sale.

I wonder how he lowered the car.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Adran said:
Probably cut the springs, if the rest of his mods are any indication of his mechanical aptitude. I don't think any springs that I've seen go that low.
Went and had a look last night, it was to dark so I didn't take any pictures. Based on the size of women that was watching me from across the street I think he had his neighbor sit in the car for 5 minutes to lower it. I'm going to try to get some day time pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.