FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do. Some whore messed up my 'scort, it was her fault, her company's paying for it. Now, I go to drop my car off, get a ride back to the rental place, and it turns out, 'lo, I've gotta be 25 to rent a car. So, instead of the Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum V8 that I SHOULD be driving, with the insurance money that I got back, I get to drive my mom's crappy saturn, while SHE gets the truck. Seem crappy to anybody else? :lol:

Ah well, at least it's a five speed. It's quicker than my car... But still crappy. :wink:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
nah, they're actually being smart - for once.
last spring, my friends and i wanted to rent a mustang or something sweet. but couldn't because none of us were 21.
i can sum it up from the eloquent words of jeff foxworthy:
"if i'm gonna rent a car, that's not mine. there's gonna be a ford fiesta [festiva] that's gonna see more airtime than a skateboard in the x-games!"
no one takes as good of care to other people's cars than our own, mostly. especially if it's a rental.
regardless, i side with you, they're profiling by age. i know lots of responsible people under the age of 25.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I mean, I could see 21. I'm 20. But 25?!?!?! You can legally drink, smoke, get married... Etc. You are legally a responsible adult!!! It's pure BS. What if I'm working a full time job, living on my own, in an apartment, and someone ruins my ride? I suddenly have no way to get to work. (Peh, bus is for losers, besides, nearest bus stop to my house is 4 miles. They don't go anywhere.) Pay for a taxi the whole time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey, i did the bus thing for 4 years. if nothing else, theres lots of hot girls that use the bus (at least here in az, where its so hot, that hot girls cant help but dress skimpy) so the bus is a treat on the eyes. also, you can rest, read, play games, whatever, while someone else drives. of course, around here, most everyone has used the bus one time or another. no stigma. of course, you live in missura, so theres enough stigma there alone. (kidding, kidding) seriously though, they have a point, under 25 is more likely to get in a wreck and trash the car. the reason though, is not what people expect. under 25's actually CAUSE LESS accidents than over. they just cant react as quickly to the older drivers' sloppy habits, making close calls accidents. if the older crowd drove properly, 25 and under would be the same as over.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've ridden it here. There's no hot girls on the bus. Heh. Our public transportation system /sucks./ Nobody uses it. It's dirty, slow, smelly, and... Whatever else. I'd rather walk. :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
walking in az = frying like an egg. the buses here, they may stall, they may have lights out, the radio or cashbox may be broken, and theyll send them on the route, but the ac breaks down, and a new bus is there in 2 minutes tops.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the time it's nice enough here to walk, even if it is five or ten miles. (I've done it, don't mind too much, as long as I'm not carrying anything heavy.) Even in the heat of the summer it only gets up to like, 105, tops. (Not counting the heat index thing.) The thing about that is you're sweaty when you get there, so you'd better not be going anywhere important.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
...unless it's to an interview for a job at the deodorant comany..

^bad joke, i know.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Allegedly we scarped the rental car on a yellow pole… the Car being white and all then. Allegedly we proceeded to a office supply store bought a white marker and taada …. Use your imagination... all of couse happen allegedly :roll: .

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really? COOL! Yeah, I finally got my car back, got rid of the rental truck, and am not driving my mom's POS saturn anymore. The guy at the Dodge dealer even steam cleaned my interior for me. For free. I know dealers are expensive but they can't rip you off too bad on body work, and since the car's not paid for I had to use the insurance money to put it back to OEM instead of buying a kit. ;) And they fixed all the dents and dings which accumulate over the years. It looks BRAND NEW. Even has that new car smell on the inside. Not kidding, if you saw it you'd think so too. Anywho. Get this:

We got back from the rental place with the truck on the first day only to find that it had a nail in the tire. I asked my dad about it, and he said the lady who gave him the truck knew it was there. He pointed it out and she said 'it'll be fine' which amazingly it was. But man, rental companies are such crap.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i agree......when an old lady back my scort up then i have to bring it to the shop(paid by the old lady of course)...i had to use my wifes car to get to work....

where you work at anyway coyote-x?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You ever tried to get a hotel room under the age of 21? I found that out the hard way.. 100F+ (high humidity) heat wave and no place to stay.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually, yes. They let me and my friend in anyways, though, mostly because we already had our stuff, had already reserved the room with a credit card, etc. And when they told us we couldn't we started b*tching at them and telling them our parents had stayed here many times before, were good customers, and wouldn't if they didn't let us stay. (Total BS of course but... It worked.)

kikoy said:
where you work at anyway coyote-x?
Actually? Wherever I can get money. I mow lawns, paint houses, whatever people will pay me for. (Mostly my grandpa says 'I have a friend that needs this done and I told him you could do it' and I say 'yes' and then I go work and get paid. Painting is worth /gobs/ of money, by the way. I made a hundred for about 3 hours worth of work last time.)

I applied at the Schnucks up on Clayton and 141 if you know where that is, but they haven't called me back yet, so I dunno. I generally don't work during the school year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts