FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a general technical question about the 1.8 GT engine and I don't think I should put it in the Engine tuning section...so it got me to thinking...shouldn't there be some sort of "General Tech & Maintenance" section for general questions like Whats the bore and stroke (in mm) of the 2nd gen 1.8s? or how much oil should go into the 1st gen 1.9s? etc

What do you all think?? :wink:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinda sorta. More just like another forum where you can just ask general questions that don't fall into any performance category.

Engine tuning wouldn't be suited for "whats the bolt tightening sequence for a 1.8 head?" question imo.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I see what you're saying james, but all those sortof questions are answered in something like a Haynes' manual. If somebody were to come asking me those sortof questions, I'd ask them to look in a haynes or chiltons first.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haynes simply doesn't answer everything though. But on your thoughts then this forum shouldn't exist, because there's some sort of right up somewhere on the internet for anything asked about on this site.

Plus you have situations like mine where I'd like to know the bore & stroke of the 1.8, and I sold my haynes manual to PrimerGuru with the car. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.