FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's going to be a week or two before my headers arrive, so I haven't seen them yet. When I go to install them, will they bolt up to the existing exhaust system already on the car, or am I going to have to weld it up? I'm not installing a new cat yet; I just need to get it back on the road so I can run around and pick up other parts I need.

·
Registered
167 Posts
should just bolt right up to your factory exaust.. i just got mine installed, but i had to have my exaust modified becuase i previously had it modified for the HO header

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Anyone got a new Pacesetter header for the 1.9L...I heard they redesigned it and its a 4-1 and the Firing order is correct..any truth at all.

John

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep

JohnScort said:
Anyone got a new Pacesetter header for the 1.9L...I heard they redesigned it and its a 4-1 and the Firing order is correct..any truth at all.
The new version looks good. It joins 1 and 4, to 2 and 3 (correct for the 1-3-4-2 firing order) into a two-piece 4-2-1 design. I just ordered the armor coated set (a must, apparently), and they should arrive in a week or so. I'll let you know how they work out.

The part number I ordered was 72C1164.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Roddy said:
it better not be a 4-1, that would just kill torque like crazy
actually it IS a 4 into 1 design with a 2 1/4" midpipe, i know. i just put one on my car this weekend...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
240SXSR20DET said:
Roddy said:
it better not be a 4-1, that would just kill torque like crazy
actually it IS a 4 into 1 design with a 2 1/4" midpipe, i know. i just put one on my car this weekend...
k...get pics of this please. wow a Pacesetter with a good firing order 8O

John

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have a picture on my phone but its one of the newer motorolas so they dont make an upload cable yet...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts