FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

Ok folks, I do appologize.

I am an active user of many forums, and do use the awesome search feature.
But what I am wanting answered remains unansered.

I am wanting to swap out my instrument cluster with one of the ones with the tach, and 6 digit odometers.

I know the mileage of the car, despite the 5 digit odometer that has rolled 2 times...lol.

What I am wanting to do, is someway adjust the odometer so that it reads the actual mileage of the car....

Is it possible???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
As for making the milage correct, it can be done. The first way is NOT legal. That involves taking the speedo/odo apart, and physically moving the dials to the right position. The second way is to find a cluster that is close to your milage, but under your exact milage. Then attach a drill to the back, and run it until you get the correct milage. The issue you will run into is that you will end up burning up the drill if you don't give it frequent breaks.

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Dave94LX said:
if you have a 5 digit odo in a 94, then it is not the original cluster. 94's had a 6 digit cluster. So your car is TMU anyway. As for making the milage correct, it can be done. The first way is NOT legal. That involves taking the speedo/odo apart, and physically moving the dials to the right position. The second way is to find a cluster that is close to your milage, but under your exact milage. Then attach a drill to the back, and run it until you get the correct milage. The issue you will run into is that you will end up burning up the drill if you don't give it frequent breaks.
oops, i didnt know that wasnt legal

· Registered
712 Posts
Dave94LX said:
hmmm... very interesting. All of the 94 clusters I have ever seen have the 6th whole digit. I wonder if the early 94's had a 93 cluster, or if they changed part way through the year. That wouldn't make much sense though, because the 93 cluster is quite different from the 94.
Not sure what to say there Dave. I forget when my car was produced in 94, but I'm thinking it was mid-production. Maybe the sedans and 2 door cars got the 100,000 odometer and they used up the last of the 10,000 odometers on the wagons?

· Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
my old 94 didn't have a 6-digit. I thought it was 95 and newer had 6-digit, except in certain states (new york comes to mind).

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
ok, just went out and checked... and I had to change my statement. Guess I haven't looked at my cluster in a while... because it does only have 5 whole digits. Sorry, my bad.

my other 94 cluster has the 6th digit though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.