·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Announcement
Sept 11, 1:30am
James Thomas (xENo)

Well, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is, some idiot at our ISP decided it was a good idea to unplug/cut power to our server without properly shutting down. This resulted in hard drive corruption. Not failure, corruption. In effect, our mirrored raid hard drive, designed to save us in case of hard drive failure, was also corrupted. We have no other backup. We relocated to our current ISP in a move to strengthen servers and provide backup so that this type of situation would not happen..... unfortunately, new and improved idiots turn up daily.
Our forum.... corrupted. Our database... corrupted. Our www site... corrupted. We lost everything.
I cannot express my anger at this time, and heads will roll when daylight comes around.

The good news is, I'm about 60% done with the new site I've been working on. We'll have a completely custom forum.... Due to this event, I will make the site available in stages, starting with user accounts and forums. I'll be coding around the clock until I can get this thing done now.... it has taken me 2 weeks to get to apx 60%. That's not too good of news, but news, none the less.
Until TeamZX2.com returns, we invite you to check out our sister site: ZX2Racing.com. Also, if you have mIRC or another IRC client, you can connect to our chatroom at irc.dbmedia.biz #zx2.

--Jimmy "xENo" Thomas
This is from the www.teamzx2.com site that hosts ERDT.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
ouch. :( well i dunno if you want to contact anyone high up from erdt and let them know that feoa is open for them to use. we could get some moderators and new forums in here for them. right now feoa can handle about 9-10x the traffic we are recieving currently.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
well i don't mean higher up as in a president/vice president kind of thing. i mean jordy and whoever else "ran" the board and moderated the board. stuff like that. like here officially i "run" the site ... but i'm not higher than anyone else ... everyone is on the same level. that's all i mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts