FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im running to kicker kx650 amps and im tryin to find a good way to keep them cooled off and ive seen some water cooling systems, are the water cooling systems worth getting?? and another idea my friend came up with is i have some 6x9's on my trunk cap that im goin to be takin out and moving and he said i could build wind tunnel type things to guide the cooler air down there. would that work?? any advice would be great. Thanks.
Jeremy

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
How do you have the amps in the car now? Got a picture I can eyeball?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have any pictures of them yet but alright try to picture this....its a 94 gt....i have 2 sets of kicker comp vr 10s on each side facin the wheel well, and i have the amps verticaly between the sub boxes.

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
Are your amps overheating and shutting down now? How much room between the two boxes where the amps are at? Are the amps laying with their fins vertical or horizontal on the side of the boxes. If there is ample space between each amp and the amp's fins are not blocked, forced air really isn't needed. My amps are on a amp rack that can be positioned horizontal or vertical and I don't have any problems with overheating. They are mounted on the backside of my back seat, which can fold up or down. When I'm not competing I remove one speaker box for weight sake and fold the seat up so I have more room up front. The hatchback cover is replaced and amps run fine. They don't have forced air blowing over them at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts