FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done changing the front discs and pads on my 86 gt, and i took the car for a test drive and when i got back, left front brake was smoking. I popped the wheel off and it is dragging quite a bit. When I was changing them earlier, The piston on the caliper didn't give me any problems getting pushed all the way back in. The right front side didnt give me any trouble either, and is working fine. Any one have suggestions about what i should do?

Keyul

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
could be the caliper, could be the hose.

will it push back in easily?

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
the piston itself in the calipers, how is the shape on the rubber boot around it? have you had them replaced? if so how long ago?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the hose and hard line going to it a few months ago, I'll have to take it back off and check the condition, and see how it pushes back in. I just don't see how if it was working fine before, and just changing the disc and pads would mes it up, unless just the fact that it might be so old that depressing the piston caused it to screw up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.