FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '91 GT has a good amount of vibration at idle, 800 rpm roughly, but when i push the gas a little more and change my idle to 1000 rpm roughly, it looses all the vibration, Does anyone else have a GT or 5 speed that shakes like this, or is there an easy way to fix it with out changeing my idle because i do a lot of city driving and sit a light for year at a time, or am i just stupid and my car is old and falling apart???

·
Registered
609 Posts
There may be a small tear in your intake tube, or maybe a slight vacuum hose leak. Have you done any mods to the car recently and not reset the ECU? That could also be the problem. To reset your ECU, you need to disconnect the negative terminal of your battery and push the brake pedal for a few seconds (to discharge any power left in the system). Then reconnect your battery and drive around normally for about a half hour or so, be sure to try and get to highway speeds (on a highway mind you! :wink: ) for a few minutes.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.