1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Makes me wish I needed a radiator.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just a hair off topic, but has anyone bought a Spectra premium OEM radiator? I got one off eBay (for my 86) new in box for $70 delivered, which was great, but...the darn petcock doesn't work. It's one of those 1/4 turn deals, but it just doesn't drain anything unless I pull the plug almost all the way out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dadgummit!! I should have got on of these instead of the OEM model. That on hell of of a good price for 100% aluminum. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They upped the price to $145 before shipping. I was ready to order one before they did that. If I'm going to pay close to $200 anyway I'd rather spend the extra money for a well known company than a no name chinese brand.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Just because something is made in China doesn't mean its bad quality though you do have to watch out. zzyzzx, I bet 90% of what you own is from China.

·
Registered
15,296 Posts
madmatt2024 said:
I bet 90% of what you own is from China.
Not even close. I go out of my way to avoid anything made in China. That and I'm old and a lot of my stuff I bought years ago is domestic, since I bought domestic while I still could.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
china is getting pretty damn good for things that are not tight tolerance. a radiator is not exactly a precise piece... its mounted in rubber grommets, hoses stretch, etc. as long as they dont leak they work fine, and like i said the welds (on mine anyway) were very good.

i still would never buy a chinese turbo (yet), but those are VERY close tolerance components spinning at nearly 100k rpm. not something to cheap out on haha

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I hate to bump a thread this old but I think I will be getting one of these radiators soon. I have had to add coolant twice in the last month and if I have to add it again I am going to get one. I found I can get one for $125 shipped from here.
http://www.genesisautoparts.com/product ... 9273aa.htm

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Well, I just ordered one. We will see how good they are. $122 shipped via FedEx ground.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts

·
Unicornscort
561 Posts
I got one and I love it been running about 6 mos now absolutely not a problem to be found with it everything sealed up tight and no more plastic tank to get holes!!Does it really matter where it was made how much stuff is on your car right now that was made in China that you don't even realize see I am opposite I have got some real garbage that was made in the USA but it is an opinion and choice just letting everyone know these are great and function fine my car goes on some long trips being a show car and I have no worries!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts