FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..
the airbag light on the dash board keeps blinking...
3 times ----- pause ----- 2 times..
i am sure this is a diagnostic code. Can someone tell me what it means
and should i bring it to the dealer.... ??

Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
The dealer or someone else who can test the air bag system to determine what is at fault. I am a firm believer in airbags (tried them out once or twice, nice, very nice) and the whole system has to function properly for them to do their job. Usually it is just a sensor that is bad (the systems are actually pretty simple if you look at them) and they aren't that bad to replace. Try unhooking your battery for 2 minutes and then hooking it back up. You never know, it may just be a hiccup left in the system from a bad day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i had this problem too at one point.. seemed like it would show up when i drove.. then disapear for a few months.. then randomly happen again. Oh Well!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah, those airbags are more tempermental then a high school girlfriend. They make you think something is wrong when all is fine.

·
Registered
874 Posts
code 32 = Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open

Which translate into loose conection or faulty airbag, or safing sensor. in either case your airbag will not deploy if you are in a crash with this condition. The syten must trip two sensors before the airbags deploy. The sfing sensor provides the + power to the airbags. on some occasions hard braking is enough to set off the safing sensor. the bags won't deploy though unless the crash sensor is also activated providing a ground to the airbag and thus deploying it. It takes conciderably more force to trip a crash sensor. Something around a head on impact into an imovable object at speeds around 20-25mph or higher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pimp_scort_89_GT said:
code 32 = Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open

Which translate into loose conection or faulty airbag, or safing sensor. in either case your airbag will not deploy if you are in a crash with this condition. The syten must trip two sensors before the airbags deploy. The sfing sensor provides the + power to the airbags. on some occasions hard braking is enough to set off the safing sensor. the bags won't deploy though unless the crash sensor is also activated providing a ground to the airbag and thus deploying it. It takes conciderably more force to trip a crash sensor. Something around a head on impact into an imovable object at speeds around 20-25mph or higher.
thank you .. this will give me a place to start looking.. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts