FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
TO remove it you are going to have take buy a breath filter and put it on your valve cover where that hose goes. Now take the hose that was on the silencer, and put it over the hole on in intake hose, where the valve cover hose used to be. Not take off the silencer. Now Ive heard you loose 4lb torque from taking off the silencer, I ddint it anyways though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are talking about the silencer that runs across on top of the RAD support, then you just have to unbolt the two nuts from the RAD support at either end of the Silencer Tube and then remove the tube. Be carefull as it bends down and then up again into the AirBox. Once the Nuts are removed and the Tube is free, it should just tilt down at the AirBox and pop off....

MrVermin

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Hud... you don't know what you are talking about, so please have a seat...

miller:
are you talking about the resonator duct (the long black plastic duct that sits on the top of the radiator, or the black box that comes RIGHT after the VAF?

The black box that comes after the VAF and has a hose leading to the ISC valve is the black box (I don't know the official name so I'll call it the black box). The ISC needs this hose for the bypass air as far as I know, and if you take it away, you'll get a crappy idle, or so I've been told. According to Jason Blade, you will lose 4 pound feet of torque if you take this out. I don't know why or even if it's true, but it certainly can't hurt to leave it in, because little pasty white japaneese engineers sure know more than we stupid ******** do, so leave well alone.

Concerning the resonator duct, as far as I know you can take this off. I did and it hasn't affected power (at least I can't notice it), but it has made my intake sound louder, and noise is always great in america, so I'm happy. If you want, you can remove this and not hurt anything but silence. So go wild. You can leave the hole that will be left behind in the air box open or covered, it doesn't matter either way, but if you leave it open, expect to be sucking more sand and dirt into your filter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before you go telling people they dont know what they are talking about, maybe you should listen to someone who has had first hand experiance with taking it out. If you read what I said(May be a little confusing) that hose that goes to the ISC is still connected in the intake piping, so it does not effect the idle at all. Here is a picture of my setup.

Notice ISC hose goes into the same spot where the valve cover hose used to go.

siragan said:
Hud... you don't know what you are talking about, so please have a seat...

miller:
are you talking about the resonator duct (the long black plastic duct that sits on the top of the radiator, or the black box that comes RIGHT after the VAF?

The black box that comes after the VAF and has a hose leading to the ISC valve is the black box (I don't know the official name so I'll call it the black box). The ISC needs this hose for the bypass air as far as I know, and if you take it away, you'll get a crappy idle, or so I've been told. According to Jason Blade, you will lose 4 pound feet of torque if you take this out. I don't know why or even if it's true, but it certainly can't hurt to leave it in, because little pasty white japaneese engineers sure know more than we stupid ******** do, so leave well alone.

Concerning the resonator duct, as far as I know you can take this off. I did and it hasn't affected power (at least I can't notice it), but it has made my intake sound louder, and noise is always great in america, so I'm happy. If you want, you can remove this and not hurt anything but silence. So go wild. You can leave the hole that will be left behind in the air box open or covered, it doesn't matter either way, but if you leave it open, expect to be sucking more sand and dirt into your filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.