FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm currently removing the air silencer from my scort 96 LX 1.9
But the little thing that I didn't find anywhere..is that there is a hole in the pipe that's attached to the air silencer. Do I have to block that hole? If yes..how? with tape?

Thx in advance!

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you don't block it the engine will get a bit of hot air from the engine bay so you can ducktape it and still have a better sound.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah oki! But I didn't have any time left to see our answer...but i just removed that pipe!
I was a little surprise in first but...after listening very good,...in second gear, you hear a loud quiet noise :p
Hummm that satisfaction for 0 buck!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I have a '93 LX, so I may not be understanding just what you're describing. What pipe are you refering to?

In mine there was a snorkle that pulled air from the fender and then dipped down under the airbox. Halfway down the tube there was a rectangular baffle box attached to quiet the intake. I removed the entire snorkle along with the baffle since the opening at the end of the snorkle was about the size of a quarter (if even that) and there was plenty of cool air coming into the chamber below the air box thanks to holes in the bottom, the airflow around the headlight and the one in the fender.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bah, it's just a loud bass-alike sound between 3000 rpm and 4000 rpm, after that, I didn't see a difference!
I almost got a ticket because I wanted to hear that loud quiet noise and to do that, I have to push the pedal :p
For 0 buck...it's easy and affortable!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Electronikal
Bon en tk! on es 3 qui parle francais :p
Merci pour ton lien! c'es en plein ca que jai enlevé! jétait pu sur sur a cause que ca sentait bizarre..mais ces dlhuile qui fuit...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts