FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving a 99 se 2.0l spi and plan on opening up the air intake and exhaust and thats about it. With the little modification that i'll be doing would it be worth spending almost $300 on a weapon r intake or should i just get a k&n filter? Its an automatic and i'm looking for a little more acceleration. Any one who's used these or went the same route let me know whats worked and whats not!

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
You can make your stock intake flow better for free. Remove the air filter box, remove the resonator under it, and then reinstall the air filter box. That will give you a noticeable improvement. You can still add a K&N later if you want. You can build a real intake for under $100, like I did. See the sticky at the top of the page marked
"the all-encompassing intake thread" for ideas. My current setup is on the last page or around there.

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
As long as your tubing size isn't too big your mileage should stay about the same or increase. The same goes for removing the resonator.

· Registered
1998 ZX2
9,978 Posts
That sounds right, its under the airbox and has a black tube going to it. Remove the airbox, unbolt it, and it comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.