FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 ZX-2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the pics of the a/c shortcut to bypass the ecm(?) so the compressor will come on w/o the idle speedup.
I have a 5sp so not worried about stalling. This was on an old forum and I lost my printout.
Thanks,
Ron.

·
Administrator
39,497 Posts
if that existed, its long gone. hvac control head controls the ground to the low pressure switch, then feeds its signal to the hp pressure switch, which then sends a signal to the pcm, which then controls the relay. I dont recall seeing any diagrams that would show how to bypass this system. out of curiosity, why do you need to bypass the pcm?

·
Registered
98 ZX-2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the idle speed up is necessary for the additional power requirements of the ac clutch engagement and the fan being run at high speed.
The diagram was on the old ZX-2 forum. I am aware of the ramifications of doing this but, I am tired of replacing the chip and Radio Shack is out of business. I need some cold air !!! Anyone have a good unit cheap?

Ron.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,054 Posts
You shouldn't have to keep replacing the relay (it's not a chip). I only had to do it once, years ago, and it's still working fine. They are called a T73 relay and are dirt cheap on eBay and Amazon. Just make sure that you get a 12V one, I think the Radioshack relay everyone was using was rated at 9V so no wounder they kept burning out. I bought a 5 pack on eBay when I originally did mine and they were under $10 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts