FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently started to get a a light pop up on my intrument panel that looks like a picture of an airbag in my 94 gt . does anybody know what this light means, is it going to go off unexpectedly. i hate the thing anyway but don´t want it to go off in my face. can anybody tell me what it means and if its something to worry about and how to get rid of it, thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
First off, it is extremely unlikely that your airbag is going to randomly deploy. Nearly all the stories that go around about airbags going off at random are bogus. I would be more worried about it not going off when it should. Simple thigs first, check the fuse- if it is blown or missing the light will usually come on. have you done any wiring or any type of work in the area of the steering column or near the sensors up front? Look for small things, but for your sake don´t start poking wires with a test light unless you are real sure of what you are doing. An air bag can be deploy accidently. If all the simple things are fine then suck it up and take it to a professional with the right equipment. BTW airbags are the best thing since the seatbelt. I know that I am still around because of one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, yes i was doing some work near the steering column, i made a switch for my hazards cause i broke the original switch the day before i was getting it inspected. soon after that is when the light started coming on. could that have caused something to make it come on, i´m not quite sure what to look for, pinched wire or something?

·
Registered
709 Posts
first I would recommend that you remove the plastic around the column, then I would start looking for loose connections, pinched or broken wires anything that doesn´t look like a perfectly good piece of wire. If you can´t locate the problem, I would take it to a reputable shop and have them fix it. Not the cheapest but worth it when that tree jumps up in the middle of the road or that parked garbage truck backs into you a 50 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts