FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen it done.. does ANYONE know how to do it? The only problem im concerned with is where i have to hook up my wires.. is there an extra open DIN or something? Thanks for your time!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,143 Posts
you will need to know basic wiring. it will have to bea piggyback set-up. best case is get a pigtail of the stereo harness from a wrecked car and build a Y adapter.

over all its a large waste of time.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,065 Posts
There is no extra open din slot in the car. I have seen a deck shoved where the cubbyhole/cig lighter plug is but that is far from the best place for a radio. I just bought an adapter plate. I got a discount on it when I ordered my deck too. The other way sounds like a large waist of time and it will look horrible if you don't do a good job.
Would there even be enough room to get a CD into the radio with the shifter there?

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
madmatt2024 said:
Would there even be enough room to get a CD into the radio with the shifter there?
I highly doubt it. I had trouble getting CDs into my old 80's mustangs because the shifter was in the way.

just get the metra/scosche kit and be done with it. do it right!

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I know someone that had their CD player mounted in the cubby hole section. You have to put the car in 2nd, 4th, or reverse to get a CD in or out. It was not a very convenient setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.