FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well MSD isn't the best of the best in ignition systems. I mean, they're great ignition systems, but there ARE better ones out there if you're willing to shell out the dough.

And I am pretty sure that MSD makes a bolt on coil for the EGT. just look around for it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its no miracle power adder, but it does help the car run a little smoother and get better gas mileage. I installed an Accel 300 ignition on my Fomula, and I noticed this, plus I had a little more power on the top end.

I contacted MSD and they said the direct Blaster coil replacement for my car was part #8277. The picture of this is a Ford TFI coil though. Does the Mazda 1.8 motor use this same coil?

·
Registered
15,583 Posts
scortGT_91 said:
Its no miracle power adder, but it does help the car run a little smoother and get better gas mileage. I installed an Accel 300 ignition on my Fomula, and I noticed this, plus I had a little more power on the top end.
How hard is one of these to get? If figure if I ever need a new ignition coil I should get one of these improved models...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
who says he wants to buy it from you :lol: *kidding* Seriosuly tho.....It was mentioned that this would make the engine run smoother? Is this true? Because lately my engine has been running horrible especially at idle its shaky inside the car and the rpms are jumping up and down and My dad said its because its a "typical 4 cylinder weedwacker engine" But it used to run so much better :?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
The ignition coil will probably get you better gas mileage and make it run smoother, but for it to run it's absolute best you should do that grounding "mod" that was posted up in the general discussion (?) forum I think. That will keep your cars igition system from misfiring the spark to ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.