FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Well just remember flying miata is for rich people lol. You can try rockauto.com for miata 10 to 1 pistons for your NA build. You could also use a protege dx crank, it is lighter and will rotate faster, lightweight flywheel, Run higher octane, take your timing to 16* or higher, do the exhaust cam swap if you understand it, adjustable cam gears, Port and polish, port match head and intake manifold, rx7 vaf, and 2.25 exhaust. Thats all i can think of right now.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
really for all the money your going to spend on a N/A build i'd just run your bp with turbo stuff and wait to build it later. A stock bp can handle a decent amount of power. It would be so much cheaper to just turbo your bp then to build an N/A motor.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Bomdoutscort said:
You could also use a protege dx crank, it is lighter and will rotate faster, lightweight flywheel, Run higher octane, take your timing to 16* or higher, do the exhaust cam swap if you understand it, adjustable cam gears, Port and polish, port match head and intake manifold, rx7 vaf, and 2.25 exhaust. Thats all i can think of right now.
Just curious, I have the 9lb flywheel and was wondering if the DX/B6 crank would be too much of a rotating mass weight reduction? Meaning would driveability suffer? Reverse starts are more tricky with the light flywheel alone.

as per a former quote i saw on here. N/A is the expensive way to go slow.
Yes, but to do a N/A or turbo build right, one would want to freshen up the block anyway. Both starting from the same point, turbo is much more expensive and yes quite a bit faster.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
LOWETGT said:
Bomdoutscort said:
You could also use a protege dx crank, it is lighter and will rotate faster, lightweight flywheel, Run higher octane, take your timing to 16* or higher, do the exhaust cam swap if you understand it, adjustable cam gears, Port and polish, port match head and intake manifold, rx7 vaf, and 2.25 exhaust. Thats all i can think of right now.
Just curious, I have the 9lb flywheel and was wondering if the DX/B6 crank would be too much of a rotating mass weight reduction? Meaning would driveability suffer? Reverse starts are more tricky with the light flywheel alone.

as per a former quote i saw on here. N/A is the expensive way to go slow.
Yes, but to do a N/A or turbo build right, one would want to freshen up the block anyway. Both starting from the same point, turbo is much more expensive and yes quite a bit faster.
YOu could do it cheap. Really cheap if you know how to search. A bp26 manifold, vj11, mx6 gt injectors intercooler from craigslist, a piping kit and bov, A pro dx coolant pipe, a gtx oil feed, banjo bolt and tap the pan and your boosted. Spend another 150 for a gtx ecu and your straight.

IF you know how to shop you can be boosted for under 500

· Registered
1,117 Posts
my blue car N/A build cost me around 500 for a full motor overhaul, B8 crank came with the car, exhaust cam swap came with the car, so did kia injectors, so I rebuilt it, rings, stem seals, I had the head fully apart and did a port and polish and everything, I worked it a lot, spent 2 man hour weeks on it, cleaned and 5th swapped the trans and everything, you know, my quality work, then 500 or so into it parts and materials, and now it's this... oh and not all out on a lousy tune, I made it better. so N/A can scoot along good, it's not turbo power at all! but for a daily driver, it's just fine and some!
love it or hate it, it's my car and I love it. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.