FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
I advanced mine all the way in a clockwise direction (The distributor) and It runs perfect (helped quite a bit)

· Registered
665 Posts
Man, if ScortGT has his all the way advanced, that´s something like 18 degrees advanced. The Miata group recommends up to 14 , 16 max. Hope you´re running high-test! At18, a lean-accident could kill your valves.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, How many of you scorters have done this to your 2gen scort?? How much of a difference????. And so pretty much if im on the drivers side of the car looking at the dist. just loosen the 2 bolts and rotate it twords the firewall??

· Registered
2,623 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
12-02-2003 at 11:02, TheBlade wrote:
yeah basically turn the dist and if you dont have a light listen for the idle to go higher.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

So you´re saying that you should advance timing until you get a slightly higher idle? Could you explain this a little more?

Also...
I don´t have a light, but I plan on buying one soon. What kind of light should I get?
Also, I can´t seem to locate the crankshaft degree meter. It´s on the left side of the crankshaft, when looking down into the engine bay standing in front of the car? I don´t see any meters down there...

And isn´t advanced timing supposed to help low end torque, but HURT top end horsepower? Could somebody clear this up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.