FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I've got a 95EGT and a friend of mine is getting new wheels. He had the 16" ADR GT-sport rims on his 92 Acura Integra GS, and I wanted to know if they would fit my EGT.

thanks doods!

-sirag

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
James you can put me down as agreeing with Siragan in your Sig. I have asked about four different wheel shops if wheels from a Teg or Civic will fit the 2nd Gen GTs, and tehy will. thats four tire shops strong one of tehm is owned by a guy who used to own a scort too, so Go get those rims Siragan!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought it was 40mm. If it's 35, does that put the wheel closer to or farther away from the hub surface?

Also, how wide is that rim?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
If it's 35 the lug nuts will be closer to the center of the wheel.

I'll ask how wide and tall the GS rims were...anything else you wanna know before I ask another question? lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry abou that james.,.. I know that they're 4x100mm. You're thinking about the bolt pattern. The "x100mm" part (I'm pretty sure) tells you the radius from the axis of the hub to the centerhole of the lug.

I'm talking about offset... the "offset" of the mounting surface of the rim with relation to the center of the width of the rim.

thanks for the help guyses

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
siragan said:
I thought it was 40mm. If it's 35, does that put the wheel closer to or farther away from the hub surface?
The offset, in this case, is the distance from the imaginary spot in the very center of the rim. The larger the number the further the wheel's hub will be towards the outside.. essentially placing the rim closer to the strut. The lower the number (including negative numbers) the more the rims will stick out of the fenders. You want the axis that the front wheels steer about to be as close to the center line of the tread as possible to minimize bump-steer and keep bearing wear to normal rates.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
siragan said:
sorry abou that james.,.. I know that they're 4x100mm. You're thinking about the bolt pattern. The "x100mm" part (I'm pretty sure) tells you the radius from the axis of the hub to the centerhole of the lug.

I'm talking about offset... the "offset" of the mounting surface of the rim with relation to the center of the width of the rim.

thanks for the help guyses
lol I know what you were talking about... 40 mm offset would mean the mounting point on the rim is 5 mm further OUT from the center of the rim than a 35 mm offest would be. There for the wider tires would sit further into the wheel well and probably rub.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is the stock rim width on the GTs? Also, is there any formula I can use to see if it will rub?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts