FEOA Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,079 Posts
The valves aren't available, you have to get them from another car. From what I understand the valves are the big steel nut things on the underside of the master that two of the brake lines attach to. I've never heard of anybody having issues running the drum valves.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The stock MC will work but I ran both the stock MC and the DB MC I pulled off a Tracer wagon that had DB's and I noticed a slight difference in braking.

With the stock MC the rear brakes tend to grab a second faster than the front. The Tracer DB MC seems to actuate all the brakes at the same time. It's subtle but noticeable.

Any idea why that would be? Maybe it's all in my head but that is what I experienced when I ran the stock MC vs the Tracer DB MC.

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
The stock MC will work but I ran both the stock MC and the DB MC I pulled off a Tracer wagon that had DB's and I noticed a slight difference in braking.

With the stock MC the rear brakes tend to grab a second faster than the front. The Tracer DB MC seems to actuate all the brakes at the same time. It's subtle but noticeable.

Any idea why that would be? Maybe it's all in my head but that is what I experienced when I ran the stock MC vs the Tracer DB MC.

John
Did you remove the pressure/residual valves? There are 2 of them hanging from the bottom of the MC that restrict flow and prevent it from flowing back. Good on a drum setup, bad on a disc setup.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I truly hate the fact that Ford cheaped out and went with drum brakes on the ZX2. They are easy enough but a pain in the ass frankly. Right now I need to put new shoes on the rear since my parking brake barely holds anymore. Disc brakes are just so much easier. Would love to do this conversion but right now I lack the motivation.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,079 Posts
I truly hate the fact that Ford cheaped out and went with drum brakes on the ZX2. They are easy enough but a pain in the ass frankly. Right now I need to put new shoes on the rear since my parking brake barely holds anymore. Disc brakes are just so much easier. Would love to do this conversion but right now I lack the motivation.
It's probably just your slack adjusters being seized.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts