FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 90-93 accord intake fit a 95 LX. I have heard that it fits the Gts and all with trimming, but will it fit just the same as it does on a GT?

Ive heard people talking about having to trim the end of the TB, but which end is that...the one with the part sticking out of it, or the other end that is completely smooth around the outside?

·
Registered
128 Posts
To the trunk of course! Not sure what you'd have to do to get it back there but I'm sure you'd have to have some heavy guage grounding and positive wires to run to the trunk, sure it can't be that hard and it'd make your car somewhat unique. ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
do you guys know if the battery would fit where there use to have the resonator and the air inlet duct in second gen LX....this is right under the stock air box....would be cool to stuff the battery in there...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm....well That doesnt look too much like a factory battery, but its ok, cause you still got the intake to fit. I read your how-to from ERDT I think it was that was posted in one of this links, but I still didnt understand everything. Like my questions from the beging of the post like which end is the end that goes to the TB...the end that has nothing coming off of it, or the other end that has something sticking out from the tube?

·
Premium Member
8,141 Posts
the t/b side of the tube is the one with the two nipples off it. if you look really close you will see the cold idle hose going from my t/b to the bottom side of the tube. the second nipple it plugged off cause its nit needed. im now running a valve cover breather too.

NEUMAN

·
Premium Member
8,141 Posts
the 1.9L sticks out a bit further twards the battery so a bit more will be trimmed off. just buy the intake for 40 bucks off ebay and trim it like it was a loaf of bread. just littel slices til it fits right. the cold air 90 will get alot trimmed off it.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Electronikal said:
do you guys know if the battery would fit where there use to have the resonator and the air inlet duct in second gen LX....this is right under the stock air box....would be cool to stuff the battery in there...
If you were running like a motorcycle battery.. it's not a very big opening.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Dunno if it'll help or not but...

What I did was buy a WalMart battery - was going with the cheap route. It had the benefit of being almost an inch less in length and was noticeably lighter. More cold cranking amps than my stock Motorcraft battery. Been running it 2 years now with no problems. I could easily fit an Accord intake around this thing in the stock location, minus the battery shroud and vent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts