FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought my daughter a 1999 zx2 . neat lil car but the a/c pump does not engage .fuse is okay. I'm a pretty good mech. but have no info on this thing. is there a wiring diagram for the ac online anywhere? any know probs that could be causing this? charge is about 70 psi sittin off so i'm thinking its the wiring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry guys...I know search is my friend......found it now to get my daughter outta it long enough to fix it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big thanx to you people!
I would have never thought to re solder the ccrm without the help and info found here. :D Saved me a couple hundred bucks and the wait time for a new one. Wait time was the worst lol. daughter was houndin me to fix it.
Thankyou again.
John

·
Registered
516 Posts
How hard is it to open and sodder? I am looking to possibly do it myself, but im not sure if its to risky or not.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Its definitely not risky. Drill out 2 rivets, repair the board, bolt the unit back together and reinstall in car. There is an entire how-to on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was pretty easy. took it off the car and just used a cordless drill with a 1/4" bit to drill out the rivets.
cleaned the sealer off the plate opposite side of the a/c relay and just freshened up the solder joints. worked like a charm.
there is a thread in the how-to section regarding this. i re soldered all the terminals on the a/c relay not just the one that is circled in the thread picture. here is the thread http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Fo ... ic&t=40417

1 - 6 of 6 Posts