FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this fall, when it was raining, I switched on my heater for the first time this year, flipped it all the way up to high, and it made this horrendous clicking sound that can be heard over my stereo, and it doesn't blow as hard as it used to, though it still moves some air. About as much as if I turn it to the second notch. When on the first two lower notches, it doesn't make any noise, and then as you turn it higher it starts making noise and only gets louder as you turn the fan up. I also checked and it does the same with the AC on.

Note: I don't drive with the AC on in the summer. So I wouldn't have known had something happened to it, this is the first time I've checked it.

I think that there could be something stuck in the fan or a problem with the fan, but I'm not sure. So my question is: Has anybody else had this problem, if so, what did they do to fix it, and, if not, does anybody know how to get to the AC/Heater fan. My car is a 97 LX Sport. Thanks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry can't help ya, but i just wanted to say, damn I wish i never had to turn my A/C on in the summer here in san diego, let alone here in october.. sucks all the power outta my 88hp beast..haha.. sometimes, when the a/c is high and i have anyone else in my car i'll stall, cuz the car has no power left so i gotta go more on the gas..hahah.. sorry i'm rambling, i'm bored..

Laci

·
Registered
15,395 Posts
I had this same problem once. The fan motor was under water. Remove the cover and let the water drain out. Then clean the area where the air intake is (between the winshield and hood). Leaves, etc. are clogging up the drain holes in the fenders and the water level rises above the air intake for the vent system and goes into the fan motor, which has this waterproof plastic cover.

I removed my motor and let it dry out overnight and it still works fine today. I also drilled a hole in the fan motor housing so water has a place to drain out now (if water ever gets in it again).

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Zzyzzx. :) Haven't tried it yet but I bet you're right on target. My car sits under a tree and it's been raining hella lately.

Cali: It gets flippin' hot and humid here in the summer, but I just roll my windows down and let the wind do the rest, I can't stand the power drop that the AC causes, so I don't use it. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.