FEOA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today while burping my radiator foe the final time my abs just stopped responding?
I keep an adapter plugged in all the time to monitor the temp and so forth back from when it was overheating and I changed the head gasket. While looking at my forScan lite I noticed the abs showed unable to connect? It was connected this morning and has the occasional code come and go but now the light stays on and no connection.

Checked fuses, checked plug in connector and tried my snap-on scanner

Any ideas? Thanks

·
Administrator
9,178 Posts
does the abs lamp come on the cluster during bulb check? just because your forscan wont talk to it, doesnt mean its not working. could just be being a ford.... We have the ford IDS scan tool here at the shop, and even it wont talk to them sometimes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's on, tried the forScan lite and the snap-on scanner. Reads everything else but the abs? I'm guessing to try a different module?

·
Administrator
9,178 Posts
so here is the thing... the way the ford communication bus works sometimes uses a PCI or SCI bus, which not all scanners are pinned for. i have a solus here that will NOT talk to a crown vic abs, at all .. period. i also have a hand held bosch 50$ scanner that will talk to it. so just because your scanner wont talk to it, doesnt mean its not there or not on the bus.
ford likes to make everything as hard as possible, and not even the tools they make work all the time. we have a 2007 exploder in here right now we are trying to program a key for, but i thinks its a 2001 focus...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
It’s pretty rare to have ABS on a ZX2 AFAIK

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, to be honest I'd rather it didn't. Just extra stuff to deal with. Not to mention some parts are not interchangeable between the same year cars, which I had a donor car that I sold. In any case I did get the abs functional by basically unplugging and cleaning connection. It will throw codes at random, most are rectified by cleaning connections at the point of the code. This is my fourth zx2, the only to have abs.

·
Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
I think of the dozen or so ZX2s that I had only one had ABS and it didn't work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts