FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any made for a 91 EGT?? if not whats a model that might be easy to mod to fit?? im looking for a dual or triple pod for the a pillar.thanx guys!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
YEP!

YOU CAN GET THE FOX BODY MUSTANG PILLAR GAuge pod, part number is like 10110 or right aorunbd there! just you have to use a heat gun and mold it a little!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
It shouldn't get in the way of the seatbelts.

The seatbelt track stops halfway down the pillar. I actually installed a fire extinguisher in my scort withouth a hitch:
http://home.twcny.rr.com/rensguns/interior.jpg

Concerning the gauge pods... more importantly than if the pod thing will fit the pillar, make sure that it fits the diameter and depth of the gauges you put in it. The way it fits on the pillar later can be "fudged" with some heat and rubber bands.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've heard the one for the 92-97 Eclipse will fit with no molding needed...but im not sure if those are the exact years...but somewhere around there

·
Registered
15,385 Posts
Beaverboy said:
zzyzzx, looks very nice.. but it won't help anyone with a '91; different dash.
Thanks!
1991 has a different dash? 8O
The pics are for a 1995LX, and when I went to the junkyard the only differences I saw was that some cars had some sort of dash light where I put the gauge. And the ones without the tach still had the exact same plastic piece that mine did so that's no different.

Does the GT have a different dash piece?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The place you put the gauge isn't there in the pre-airbag scorts because of the shelf on the passenger side of the dash. At least that's the impression I've had thus far.

Here's a pic of Black93GT's dash:

·
Registered
15,385 Posts
OK, so my location in the dash piece only looks like it's good for one with air bags. Any idea exactly what years have air bags? They were standard by 1995 and possibly before them and optional at some previous point, but when?

Please post your year and if it has or doesn't have air bags.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
erm...
if I were you I'd try to keep the gauges off the driver's piller. It can really inhibit your vision on turns.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
siragan said:
erm...
if I were you I'd try to keep the gauges off the driver's piller. It can really inhibit your vision on turns.
If the gauges are 2" and the piller is 2" there really is'nt any vision loss. Its not that bad, I havent lost a car in that blind spot yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts