FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal for you to drive with under body neon kit where you live?
Here in norway the traffic poeple made it illegal,
because it looks like a police car, a ambulance or
a fire truck is coming :roll:

·
Registered
64 Posts
in nys itis only legal if you put:
white/yellow/orange in the front and sides
and red/yellow/organge/white in the back

i think..... i may be wrong on the yellow.

Why would you want white underglow?

Dave
91 EGT

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
awe, c'mon! that's one of the mst absurd laws i've ever heard of! it's not like UNDERground neons are that easy to mistake for cop cars or ambulances.

for two reasons: 1. neons are underneath the car, not on top. 2. they dont flash like the lights on cop cruisers.

let's be realistic. but yeah, orange would be a nice alternative. i see a lot of red and blue where i live. i almost wish they made those colors illegal in my town so i can see a variety instead.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not in Ontario I don't think it is. There was some talk about it but I don't think it ever got passed. I also heard about a law that never got passed that would not allow you to modify you vehicle legally in any way. I think that is a bit overboard. :roll:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
well, now that i think about it: on most of the boxes that carry the random modifications that we spend all our cash on all seem to have the same message written on the side of the packaging "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY". so, i guess thats where they can say it's illegal on the street.

it said it on the packaging of my foglights, snake eyes, clear corners, and it may have even said it on the box my aftermarket shifter came in. :roll: luckily, my floormats are safe for the road, otherwise my floor would be hella salty and could harm every bystander in their way..

i just realized, what the hell am i talking about?!

*walks away quietly as if nothing happened*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts