FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
93EGTinLR said:
I saw that on the oter board...it looks hot from the pic...would be worthwhile to have no matter where ya live...IMO...and the price is not bad if it is in as good a shape as it looks
Hello there!

I personally think they should go for it. Life's far too short to wander around grumbling and regretting. I thought it would be good to hear what you US types think of the car and would any of you buy it given the chance and do any of you know someone who actually has one.

Penny

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Haha.. sweet.. get it Foxy! Old mustangs w/ 351s and 9" rear ends are all over the place in the US (which, if I'm reading that right, is what that is) How rare is one of those in the UK? Can you afford to put gas in that thing? :wink: Will it fit down your lanes? (j/k)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beaverboy said:
Haha.. sweet.. get it Foxy! Old mustangs w/ 351s and 9" rear ends are all over the place in the US (which, if I'm reading that right, is what that is) How rare is one of those in the UK? Can you afford to put gas in that thing? :wink: Will it fit down your lanes? (j/k)
1. Very.
2. No.
3. At a pinch.

:D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
thats about 4 grand in the US... a little steep depending on the condition but considering it ins't in the US it is probably a good price.

yikes... I can't imagine paying your crazy gas prices for it though! Would I if I live in the UK? DUH!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all

I'm the guy that originally posted about the 69 Mustang - Me and my brother are considering buying one for use at shows, holidays and special occasions. I'm just wondering what they're like to keep running really - I know a work colleague of mine that bought a Lotus Carlton last year (Lotus-engined Vauxhall/Opel Carlton, very very fast), but was forever paying out silly money almost every time he used the thing (£800 for a clutch, £1500 for a turbo, £1200 to re-weld the rear arches etc etc etc). I just don't want to suffer the same consequences as him!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
this is good old fashioned american iron. The most sphistacted thing on it is the points. Actually I'm assuming its points *L*. Most of the parts can be picked up in the US cheap. If you run into any problems I'd be happy to ship you parts from the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why thank you sir, very neighbourly of ya! :)

I like the fact that it's not sophisticated - means me and my brother (who described himself as 'having major issues getting the tire pressures on my Golf correct') stand a hope in hell of actually servicing and repairing the beast ourselves!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I say go for it :p
It's the same car of my neighbourgh... but it is a Boss 302, 305 or ??!
My neighbourgh have a Boss 302 modified to about 410 hp :p He put almost 15 000 $CA on it and want to make it to about 600 hp :p
A very nice car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beaverboy said:
Flat-Steve.. I hope you have lots of Imperial tools.. because this baby ain't got no metric. :lol: You'll probably get tons of looks in that thing though. You'd get looks in the US if it looks half that good in person.
Didn't think of that! Mind you I've hardly got any tools at the moment anyway so it's kinda academic...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.