FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just a few questions I was wondering about, first one isthe other day I put gas in my car. It had no problems before I put this gas in, now it sputters really bad when I start it up and at stop lights it sputters and hesitates when I press on the accelerator. I was wondering if the gas caused all of this and I was wondering what I could do to fix this problem. Now my second question is can I take off the heat shield on my headers or will it hurt it if I do just wondering.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Do you usually buy gas at this place where you go the gas?I would put fuel injection cleaner in to see if that helps.When is the last time you had your fuel filter changed?The heat shield is there to not put too much heat in your bay.I dont know what the affects from removing it are since I never took mine off.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Sounds like you got some bad gas. I have bad gas all the time, but that's different. I'd syphon the bad gas out of there, start a fire with it or something and refill with gas from a reputable place.

You can live without most of your heat shields, especially if you don't redline the thing constantly or run lean. I'd do my best to keep the ones at the cat and right at the manifold though.

·
Registered
15,521 Posts
I would also keep the heat shields at the catalytic converter. A 7" diameter hose clamp will fit all the way around it and keep it from rattling. Remove the plastic splash shield under the lower right corner of the car for easy access. The other two heat shields just past the catalytic converter are not necessary, espically in Ohio. They are so that somone out West doesn't start a fire in tall grass. It rains plenty where you live.

You got a bad batch of gas. Did you fill up right as they were getting more gas from the truck or right after? I bet you did. Sometimes when the gas is coming off the truck and into the gas station holding tanks it stirs up sediment at the bottom of the tank, and you pumped it into your gas tank. At the very least you'll need a new fuel filter. Possibly you'll also need to clean out parts of your fuel pump (there might be a screen there), clean out your fuel injectors, and gas tank. Be glad that your car actually still runs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.