FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to find the low side a/c line, don´t know where it is. need to find so i can recharge. 95lx sedan. sorry, stupid newbie question!!! :-?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Speaking of A/C... my Air compressor unit itself WORKS, and the heatercore is good and everything, but I think that there is a break in the lines or the heat exchanger (A/C "radiator") and I´m leaking refrigerant. I tried a recharge, and it worked for about a week and then went downhill.

Is it possible to install my own, new lines? How do I test to see where the leak is?

I´d really like to get this working asap.

·
Registered
15,356 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
Is it possible to install my own, new lines? How do I test to see where the leak is?
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

I think most A/C stuff is pretty easy to replace unless the compressor is really hard to get to. Your leak sounds bad enough that the A/C version of stop leak will probably do no good. I think you can get refrigerant that has red dye in it and then look for the leaks.

Having said all of this the only time I have had it happen is when a coupling came loose. I think it happenned because an alignment problem caused the tires to cup, which further caused vibration and just about everything was shaking loose at that point.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yep, get the dye trace stuff for your system. I have always used the green stuff. The part that sucks is that sometimes it will be in a place that you can’t see easily. Make sure you inspect every inch of the system. If you know anyone with a freon sniffer it saves a lot of time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you be more specific. I tried to test the pressure of the one valve that i found in that area and it has to be the high pressure line it redlined the gauge that came with the recharge kit to about 125 psi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts