FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any online sites that would sell an A/C compressor and clutch for a 93 EGT? I think mine is "slowly going the way of the buffalo" and I need to start saving to have it replaced but, if I can, I would like to buy the parts myself so that I can get the best deal on at LEAST the part since I am unequipped and unskilled for that type of work. Thanks ladies and gents for your help.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Usually A/C Comps and clutches don't "go"...but he pressure switch and A/C relays go all the time.
Have a shop run a diagnostic on the "other" A/C componets before you buy a wrecker comp.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the info. I will have them do that. However, I have heard of several compressors going out on older cars. (Mine on my first vehicle wasn't "worth the Charmin extra soft I wipe my butt with.") The clutch really won't go out and it may save me a little bit to just get a compressor IF I end up needing one. I know too that I need to inspect that belt, because there is remote chance that maybe it is causing the problems. Anyone have any other useful info for me, please feel free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.