FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out of my house this morning and my brake lights were on! The car still started fine, but even after I drove it and applied the brakes the lights would not turn off. The rear light in the window did not stay on, nor did it come on when I applied the brakes. I did take the fuse out to save the battery, but I sure can't drive it anywhere.

Any clues? Quick fix I can do, or do I need to take it to a shop?

Thanks much!!

Lucy

· Super Moderator
6,216 Posts
the brake switch shredded itself up. it's a easy fix, it just twists out and unplugs. I don't know how much they cost, but it shouldn't be too much.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Cool, glad to hear it was an east fix. I had similar problem with the wife's old Mystique. The brake switch was a clip-on style and she managed to kick it off. To this day she says it wasn't her, but I assume she inadvertently did it while reaching for crap in the back seat.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was even easier than I thought- the little blue disk had broken off and the peg didn't make contact! There was another disk on the other side of the switch that wasn't in use- I moved it over and we are fixed! At no cost!

Lucy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.