FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new here and had a question. I was reading some of the stickies and searching through the posts for information but couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

My question concerns compatibility of the newer than '99 2.0 DOHC's for use in my '99 ZX2. It runs fine now, but there is no need in not being prepared for when the time comes as to what to do for a new engine. I have decided that a swap is what I want and was wanting to know how much they changed as far as sensors and what-not in the latter years, if any. My Chilton manual only goes up to '99 so it wasn't much help.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

· Registered
1998 ZX2
10,101 Posts
Not much changed. In 99 there was a half year, if yours was made later in 99 then its the same as the newer models. Changes included the lower timing belt sprocket, MAF sensor, intake tube, A/C wiring, and CCRM. The engine itself is the same though and can be swapped despite what the junkyards may say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.