FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OBD II says shift Solenoid B is stuck on. I will probably replace both. Has anyone done this? I need a walkthrough if possible, I can't find anything about it. Should I get the replacements from a junk yard? thanks.

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Personally I would only use new solenoids. Depending upon the mileage of the transmission, I'd be tempted to replace all of them and or maybe the whole valve body. As to if it's been done before by people here, of course. I belive that it can be done with the transmission in the car. Did you search?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zzyzzx said:
Personally I would only use new solenoids. Depending upon the mileage of the transmission, I'd be tempted to replace all of them and or maybe the whole valve body. As to if it's been done before by people here, of course. I belive that it can be done with the transmission in the car. Did you search?
yeah i did quite a few searches. I'm still looking. I believe you can do it with the tranny in the car. Another problem is that I'm having trouble finding new solenoid for this model.

All I really need is a diagram or something with their locations, I don't want to start taking the tranny apart without some idea because I would probably waste a lot if time.

Thanks man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scrubby said:
zzyzzx said:
yeah i did quite a few searches. I'm still looking. I believe you can do it with the tranny in the car. Another problem is that I'm having trouble finding new solenoid for this model.

All I really need is a diagram or something with their locations, I don't want to start taking the tranny apart without some idea because I would probably waste a lot if time.

Thanks man.
Alright I got the valve body out and apart, and i cleaned it out. Are there any visual indicators of whether or not it needs replacing? It looks fine for the most part. I'm replacing all the solenoids and the filter I just don't know if I need to replace the valve body. Thanks for the help so far guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts