FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
battery is almost dead. There isn't enough juice to get it to turn over. The scort is in a one car garage. I do not know how to get the car in neutral! I turn the key, hit the brake and can't get the shifter to go to neutral. How can I get my car in neutral so I can push it out of the garage and jump it?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
the only thing that comes into mind here, is the brakes have been pressed a few times while the car has been off. that'll make the pedal real stiff and you might not be able to push it down all the way. my suggestion: press down harder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more than battery I assume-- still cant get it to neutral

thanks for the input, butva stiff pedal would have been way too easy. I am afraid there is a bigger problem then the battery. Dome lights caeme on, I turned the key and the oil light and service engine light fired up this time. I could here a flickering every 3-4 seconds (the service engine light flickered with the noise).

I turn the key and still can't get the car into neutral

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Just a useless piece of information..... That quick shift that's hidden on our cars, is visible on most hyundai's because they have a problem of the shifter getting stuck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts