FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a '97 Scort I bought out from the family and has been used gently. It has about 130k miles (124k then the odometer broke). I use it for driving around town, but otherwise keep it sheltered in a car port.

I have a lot of pictures here at my Car Domain page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3347333

I took some auto tech in high school, but I only got to clean out the shop for six weeks from our previous teacher, =/ I didn't learn much, but I can change oil, air filters, and some other routine things like that. I'm still learning, hopefully next week I will have learned to change the spark plugs, wires, and maybe a partial transmission fluid change.
-----

My goal is to improve the fun factor of driving the car. I have to keep it street legal, and I don't want to attract the attention of the police. Having said that, I want to have a nice tone from the exhaust (and under the hood). I typically drive somewhat spirited since I live out in the country and have many straight-aways near I-95, but also a lot of stop-and-go in the city. I don't excessively speed, so I'm more interested in a smooth, steady experience as this vehicle wasn't made with comfort in mind.

Or should I just pick up something simple like a cheap manual Civic and use that as a learning experience (especially since I am strapped for cash)?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
nice looking Scort - looks well taken care of.

what part of NC - I lived in Princeton for about 5 years... between Smithfield and Goldsboro.

Welcome to FEOA - what you dont learn in auto-shop you can 100% learn here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it was driven primarily by my grandparents and they only used premium. For a while my mother used it and used regular, but I'm using some Lucas Oil and going back to premium, see if I can regain some lost MPG. It seems to get about 32ish, the odometers broke sometime last year (it wasn't driven much since then) so I can't really tell what the MPG is.

I live in eastern NC near the VA border, 45m from Rocky Mt. by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts