FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's about it. the cold to hot temp select won't slide over all the way to hot so mixes in cold air... i looked behind the steering i can see the pulley but that looks ok. can't really see where the cable goes to connect to the control panel. could it have anything to do with the screwed up radio. think the antenna is pulled out. too cold to sit there fixing things now but be nice to have it working right

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
You have to adjust where the cable is clamped at the back, before it is clipped onto the cam on the actuating plate.

This is very hard to describe in words. If it is clamped in the wrong place, it will prevent the slider switch from moving far enough in one direction or the other. It's very easy to fix, but I can't describe it very well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've turned on the fan only to have it blow out a bunch of leaves and crap that had fallen on my car. is it possible there's something got in there and is jamming where it blends the cold/hot air. only other symptom is that i'm able to force the lever all the way to hot but in doing so it makes a loud click like something is catching

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Well then your cable is clamped correctly and you can disregard my original suggestion.

Yes, you've got leaves, animals and friends in the louvres, preventing them from moving fully. You're gonna break something if you keep forcing the switch.

It's gonna take a bit of work to clean out the system. There's no easy way other than ripping apart trim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts