FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 95LX about 2 weeks ago. For having 200'000 clicks on it, the car runs amazing. Acceleration is great though I did have to replace one wheel bearing. Anyways my grandpa was looking at my car the other day checking out under the hood. He was moving his hand around the engine checking it out, long story short I get back in my car to leave and I no longer have any air coming through the vents. Its winter now and Im freezing my arse off. If I put my hand to the vent I can feel heat. I've already checked the fuses but I don't know much about cars so If anyone can help, tell me what to check I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.

*Also anyone know why when any of my doors are open I get a constant anoying beeping? I make sure all my lights are off yet still I get the beeping.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
1. Is the cabin blower actually working? If so and you're still not getting air in the cabin, the cable has probably come off the cam on the actuating plate and can be easily re-attached. If not, your connections to the blower may need to be cleaned up.

2. The problem is your ignition switch. If your door is open and your key is in the ignition, it is supposed to beep at you since you may be just about lo lock your keys in your car. If you tap the ignition switch locking cylinder, the contact will disengage and the beeping will stop. If you want to fix the problem altogether, you'll need to replace the ignition switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean by wire on cam? Are you refering to the engine cam? Also the cabin blower is that what I see on the floor beside the gas pedels in the middle? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fixed the problem or atleast found it. I was looking at the cabin blower just pressing on the wire connections. Started up the car and vola! I had air and heat! :D Though it died soon after I just touched the wire and it started up again. Its staying on now even when I startup and shutdown the car. I'll have to get the wiring looked at, I thank my dad for being an electrician.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts