FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my name is Dew and I'm new to the forum. I am getting a 95 LX with a 1.9 that I will be making into a dirt track race car. They have a class at the local dirt tracks for 4 cyl fwd cars and I will be driving the car next season. The car is a 2 door automatic and my question is what can I do to get more power from this thing while still looking stock? The engines and suspension are supposed to be unmodified in any way. My other option is swapping the engine for a more powerful one like a 1.8 or maybe a zetec if thats' possible. I would like to keep the auto trans if possible though cuz they seem to run in the right rpm range if you use second gear out on the track. 5 speed cars seem to be between gears when they're out there. If you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there a way to move this thread to circle track? I didn't see that you have a forum for that on here when I posted this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dirt track

I have the same year car, auto. I could race too!! Great IDea. I got this car for free. Where are you racing? Oregon here. May the gods of speed be with you. Do you have to have a roll cage? I'd start freeing up the exhaust and intake to start. for inexpensive HP gains. I'd like to check out the rules on preparing the cars. thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts