FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased this car and I noticed that it cranks alot before it starts. The fuel pump does not come on when I turn the key on like other cars. Can anyone tell me where to find the fuel pump relay so I can check to see if it is the prob. any other suggestion would also be appreciated. Thanks Skinny

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Do you hear the relay click when you put the key in the "on" position? Relays should be in the relay tree which is right above the fuse box (near the clutch pedal area).

I don't have my haynes on me or I'd tell ya.

A great way to check is to pull the rear lower seat cushion off (super easy to do, ask if you don't know how), and then run a high impedence voltmeter across the two terminals of the fuel pump. Then ask your trusty friend to put the car in the on position and see if the needle of the voltmeter jumps. (in other words, see if you're getting a voltage at the fuel pump).

If you are getting a voltage, then chances are that your fuel lines are gunked up. If you aren't getting a voltage, then your relay is probably on the fritz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.