FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I see this issue all the time on much larger vehicles. The technology is the same however.

The ABS light comes on when the anti lock brake system stops working.

This normally converts your brake system back to a standard system without the anti lock feature.

This is almost always an electrical issue in that system. Not sure if our scorts can be tested but I have a computer to check the big truck I work on and that will tell me which wheel to look at.

Each wheel should have a sensor that is mounted next to a tone ring. The sensor has a specific distance it should be set from the tone ring.

In many cases, the sensor will be set wrong causing it to throw a code turning on your ABS light.

In other cases, you may have a rub or a break in the harness going to the sensor and that will throw a code.

Take a look at your wheel sensors and the harness going to them and make sure all is OK.

OH also need to check the fuse for the ABS system and make sure it's good.

All else fails, run it by one of the cumputer diagnostic places and have them hook up and tell where to look.

Keep us up on what you find.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
My 2000 SE would do that. The ABS was hyper sensitive. I fixed it by unplugging the computer (under the passenger seat) and the light on the dash.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but you're not alone with the hyper sensitive ABS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is what it does the abs light is on and there is no problem but when the light goes out the abs kicks on and it does it about 4 times then the light comes back on and it quits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.