FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just started earlier today. When I make a right turn i hear a "clunking" noise coming from the driver-front side. At times when I back up there is a "pop" when the car goes in motion from the same location, and when I speed up after having to let off the gas there is a quick vibration until the car starts to gain speed (guess where!).

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Sounds like a wheel bearing or CV went bad. I had a similar problem with my sister's festiva. It turned out to be the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree with siragan.. I have replaced 3 wheel bearing so far :D
What you can do it jack the front end up.. and see if there is any play in the tire... and spin it.. and listen closely..

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
For future reference, how hard is it to replace the wheel bearings and half shafts? I'm going to need to do both eventually.

·
Registered
750 Posts
halfshafts arent bad at all...ive changed both, blade helped me out, over the internet but he told me how to do it. Look back in the posts.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My mom's pontiac Transport (minivan) had a broken bolt where the shocks meets the driver's side part of the frame...you could hear a toc whenever the car was turning on the left...

I think its probably the bearing...but you could check that too while you are at it !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts